
... as that wonderful old Emerson, Lake and Palmer song starts with its soft guitar accompaniment before launching into a wild riff.
A huge pebble has been thrown into the waters today and its ripples are spreading far and wide.

Along with everyone else who reads the Father Jake Stops the World blog, I am reeling from Terry Martin's decision to shut the blog down. I can't remember when I started reading it — before I started this blog — or how I found out about it, but for the past two years or so, it has been an amazing source of information and created quite a collection of people whose names I recognise and of whose lives I know just a tiny bit.
So now the Jakite community must find other venues and other ways of thinking, analysing and absobing the convolutions of 'As the Anglican World Turns.'
Terry, thank you so much for what you have done and God's richest blessing on the new pilgrimage path on which you now travel.
From the beginning of this blog, I decided not to delve into all the ins-and-outs of Anglican polity and strife precisely because blogs like Jake's and Mark Harris' Preludium could do a far better job and I felt the blogosphere didn't need yet another analyst. I still feel this way; I have always intentionally wanted to keep this blog light. It won't garner any great acclaim or awards; it's linguistic level is 'college graduate' and it's not terribly profound.
Perhaps I have steered away from the tough stuff because I am involved in it enough. I don't really feel as though I have the energy to deal with snarkiness in comments. And so this is milktoast... doing silly, stupid things like Friday Cat Blogging, writing little snippets about life in Vermont and musing on the quehaceres (daily duties) of a parish priest.

1 comment:
And I love your blog for all those reasons.
Like you, I'm reeling from Jake's decision. I discovered him in the fall of 2003, when TEC wasn't saying "squat" about the neoPuritans. Jake was. And he's been a source of information, analysis, and encouragement ever since. When big stuff happens in the Anglican Communion, I rely on him, Jim Naughton, and Mark Harris.
The blogosphere is poorer today.
Post a Comment