
So here is the patient on day 3. He began to scratch at his incision (a sign of healing? perhaps it itches now?) so I took some corban and loosely wrapped it around his neck. He played a little with his tail this morning and his appetite is still good. He will get one more dosage of pain killer tonight and then he has three more days of antibiotics.
He spent the night alone with me — the other two were shut up downstairs. Young Guy is so freaked out that he attacks Orange Guy and I don't want the latter to get further injured while he's trying to heal. YG gets so ballistic that I can't even pick him up; he shrieks so that he terrifies all of us, including himself. Hard to believe right now since he is asleep on the cedar chest in the other room.
Path reports should be in tomorrow. And the blood work for Miss Agatha comes in today.
Meanwhile time to row. Orange Guy will keep me company.
[15.30] For right now there is peace. Upstairs where there are three rooms, there is one cat per room: YG in the back bedroom, La Doyenne in the north-facing room and the recovering feller in the study with me. He has just stretched and I see that he got a pedicure while he was under — all his claws are nicely trimmed. Yes, it is a heck of a lot easier to clip claws when you're not dealing with twelve pounds of squriming fur.

6 comments:
I'm glad that the patient seems to be healing. Young guy seems to be the one in need of a dose of something that will calm him down. I know the woes of keeping pets who don't like each other separated. It's not fun.
Prayers for peace, continued healing for Young Guy, and for good path reports.
Oh - I continue to send so many prayers and so much love to you all.
This has to be hard at so many levels.
Thanks for the updates. We are all with you in spirit and that includes the cute cat sitting next to my shoulder right now.
YG has just shrieked at poor Orange Guy. It's terribly upsetting. For OG's protection, I make sure he is with me wherever I am in the house.
Wow -- I've never had to deal with more than one pet (I am actually allergic to some cats and not others, so one non-allergifying cat is about what I can take -- plus I'm kind of a one cat woman) and your saga is helping me realize what happens when one pet is sick in a multi-pet household. It's bad enough in a one-pet household. Sounds like the whole feline ecosystem is affected. More stress for the poor human! May healing proceed apace... Hey, have you tried Rescue Remedy? Safe for animals too and as one of my elder New York relatives might say, "good for the noives!"
Jane has a good idea with Bach's Rescue Remedy. It is good stuff--for man or beast! (or so they say) I have only tried it on a cat and it did quite well to calm her.
You all continue in my prayers.
Keeping up the prayers and good thoughts for Orange Guy. It is hard with multiples. They know when someone isn't feeling well and take it as the time to attack. I have the same problem with young one going after the older laid back cat. Best wishes..
Post a Comment