20 May 2008

Post op


Poor friend. Here's the patient.

For a little pimple-size bump on his neck, he ended up with an incision four-five inches long. Not only that, they yanked out a rear molar. So he has stitches in his mouth, and stitches under his skin. Thankfully, they sent me home with pain meds to give him until Thursday.

The other thing is that he is not coming out the anesthesia easily. He was pacing around so right after I got home, crashing into things, trying to jump up on the window sill and failing that I called back to the vet's and they said to put him back in the carrier. So there he is in the photo. It is discrete enough so you can't see the gory details but can get the gist that they shaved around his neck. He'll spend the night in the study and perhaps the two of us will spend the night in the tiny guestroom.

I am a wreck. I hate to see him suffering like this.

Do say a prayer for this feline who can't say what is going on.

5 comments:

Dawn said...

Pray, pray, pray, my thoughts are with you...

Fran said...

Mr. Booboo and I are sending you all so many prayers and so much love.

Mr. Booboo remembered that we asked St. Francis for some prayers when he was ill not too long ago, so we are asking Francis to speed his loving prayers and goodness right to VT!

Caminante said...

Thank you and keep praying that our friend will settle down. May Francis hold him tonight.

Jane R said...

Aw, poor sweetie.

It is also the full moon so his system must be all confused. Maya Pavlova and I will offer prayers to the feline saints of the household, blessed Amadeus, Alyosha, and Sensei. And to Francis -- and also to Our Lady, because she's good for everything and everyone in her comfort.

BooCat said...

Boo, Doc and I will pray for him and for you. They are the new additions to the household and have filled it up with black, furry love and energy which we will be happy to share with you both.