20 May 2008

Late night update


These photos don't really tell the truth. For someone who had surgery today, he is not zonked out the way I thought he would be.


There must be something in the medications that is causing the patient to be hyper. He will not stay still any longer than two minutes. I am worn out watching his pacing which has been going on for five hours now. He is ravenous; he has had more than the usual daily amount of food. Most of all he wants OUT of the study, but that is not a possibility because Young Guy will beat up on him.

I did follow him downstairs (earlier this evening he shot out of the room and then practically fell down the stairs because he was so wobbly) just five minutes ago. He wolfed down some more dinner and tried to fend off Young Guy but the latter was just too aggressive so I rescued our patient and hauled him back upstairs.

I am exhausted.

I had thought of putting the patient and me in a bedroom but I think I am going to leave him alone in here and let him sleep off, I pray, whatever it is that is making him so incredibly antsy. The last time I had a cat this hyper was when I put his predecessor on antihistamines. Again, it was the same inability to settle down.

Poor guy.

Midnight
Thank you one and all for the prayers. He finally has spent a whopping ten minutes on his canasta. I think maybe he can spend the night alone. (I don't think I would get any sleep.) In any event, I deeply appreciate the prayers on his behalf and trust all the saints invoked are holding him too.

2 comments:

June Butler said...

Caminante, I hope that he settles down and that the two of you get a good night's sleep. He probably is as confused as to what's going on as you are. Poor baby. Poor you, too.

Fran said...

Sending prayers and love to you all.