
As soon as I got off the erg this morning, Orange Guy jumped into the open window; he'd been waiting for me to stop going back and forth and being in the way.
Given that the rowing season has just started anew (1 May-30 April), I figured the time had come to ask Compa to install the PM3 on my ancient Concept 2 B erg. My father gave me the monitor for Christmas but it has taken this long to decide to bite the bullet. (We'll keep the old monitor as a backup for the C2B down in the garage on the hill.)
My, there are all sort of numbers to distract: the usual amount of time rowed, number of metres left, split for 500m, strokes per minute. But below there is a split for 2000m, how long it is estimated for you to finish and your average pace for a 500m split. Even without my glasses on, I can make them all out.
The one thing I haven't figured out yet is how to get the computer to recognise the monitor. I hooked it up this morning (USB cable) post row to upload the stats and the computer said there was nothing connected. I had had problems with the installation of the software (concerned at first because of huge scratches on the CD) and even after downloading an updated version, am not sure that is the problem. I don't need to connect — it's not as though I am ever going to need verification of a number 1 place row. Still, I would like to see how the software works. (If I knew someone else who has their computer near the erg and can be online, we could race. Ha.
The photo isn't clear but on the second shelf, my books by Desmond Tutu keep me company while I row. Wish I could absorb them all through osmosis.
Granted this is all piddly in the larger scheme of things but rowing does help keep me sane.

1 comment:
Wouldn't we all like to absorb the mind and heart and words of Desmond Tutu by osmosis!
Sorry, I'm not the one to give help with technology connections. I'd like to absorb that knowledge by osmosis, too.
Post a Comment