
Some music to accompany the usual Friday night stuff... bulletin preparation, buckling down to work on the sermon (though what the Mad One has said may well find its way into it). I've managed to miss Trinity Sunday over the past six years for various reasons — being in El Salvador, being at Executive Council — but this year I am on.
Suk • Allegro Ma Non Troppo, Seranade for Strings
Stephen Sills • Cherokee
Bobby McFerron • 23rd Psalm
The Strawbs • Forever
The Association • The Time It Is Today
Johnny Clegg and Savuka • Woman Be My Country
Los Guaraguao • Gaita Margaritena
Eurythmics • Sweet Dreams Are Made of This
Billy Idol • Hot Time In the City
Carole King • So Far Away
Well, this is a pretty eclectic collection — taking me through the 1960s (Stephen Sills, The Association), the 1970s (Carole King, The Strawbs), 1980s (Johnny Cleg, Eurythmics, Billy Idol) and then a foray into classical music (which seems to predominate my shuffle) and a group from El Salvador. It's all good stuff, though.
When I was ordained to the priesthood, I had an octet sing the Bobby McFerron version of the 23rd Psalm during communion. Later on in the week, the parish newsletter editor said: Did I hear right? He's talking about his mother? Was it really 'Glory be to the Mother, Daughter...?' Ayup. The song is in my night-time folder — if I want one last piece of music before shutting down the computer for the night, I often listen to this one. (iTunes says I have only listened to it 20 times but that seems under and the last time I did was last August.)

No comments:
Post a Comment