
At the blood drive at the high school this afternoon, I bumped into Naomi's mother. Expecting good news since the plan this week had been to stabilise Naomi and determine what pain meds worked the best for her and release her today, I asked if Naomi had been sprung loose.
No. Her lungs are filling up with fluid (she has largely been prone for the past two weeks), she is on oxygen, her numbers have tanked again and the medicos are thinking that the Ewings has spread into her bone marrow because her platelets simply won't get above 40.000.
I don't know where things stand right now (I will find out in the morning); but the local hospital is desperately trying to get her into the regional hospital (the 'big house' as Naomi calls it). As of this afternoon, there were no beds in the big house. They are trying to get her a bone marrow test but that can take up to two days to schedule one.
This is incredibly frightening and disheartening news for Naomi and her family. I told her mother I would be sending a prayer request out to the email world and so here it is.
Please pray for her, her parents and her five siblings all of whom are younger. Pray that she will be well enough to celebrate her 25th birthday the end of this month. Pray that she can attend her sister's graduation from high school the 14th of June. This all is so heartbreaking.
[photo of Naomi at the Science Museum in Boston in April when it was 80-90 degrees out]

4 comments:
I am praying and weeping and praying some more.
Prayers, prayers, prayers.
This is so sad!! Prayers are coming from South Carolina.
My weeping heart is crying out to God, please, please, please!!!
Post a Comment